[10GBASE-CX4] Standardization of 802.3ak

Hello Fellow Task Force Members;

I have been receiving emails recently enquiring "Is it done yet???" with
gaining frequency, so I figured I might want to update you on our progress.

Unfortunately, the process is not really clear to me either, but what I
understand is this.

Our project was considered by RevCom about a week ago. Nobody has contacted
me to inform me that it failed to go forward to the Standards Board, so I
take that as "no news is good news" and hope I am right.

The Standards Board is supposed to consider it on February 13th.

We are working with the IEEE-SA on an official document for review, so they
are assuming it will pass.

As soon as I get official word, I will forward it on. Till then, keep your
fingers crossed! ;)

Regards,

Dan
Principal Engineer, LAN PHY Technology