[802.3_B400G_OPTX] Clarification Request: Optical Specs in Xiang Liu contribution

Dear 802.3df Optical,

During yesterday’s presentations, I noticed that the power levels, analysis, and conclusion in Xiang Liu’s contribution had changed from last week’s version until yesterday’s:

https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/public/22_10/22_1012/liu_3df_01_221012.pdf#page=12

https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/public/22_10/22_1012/liu_3df_01a_221012.pdf#page=12

The net result was a change from a power limit of +4dBm for a 1dB FWM penalty to +5dBm for the same penalty.

Can we get a summary of the changes between the contributions, and the reasons for the changes? I see the analysis is changed, is the original analysis and conclusion still valid?

In addition, as mentioned on the call it would be worth specifying the exact power assumptions. I’m guessing that the powers are Average Power, not OMA. Knowing both the Average Power and Extinction Ratio is important. What are the specific power assumptions?

There are a lot of co-authors on this contribution, so any of them are invited to help clarify details and changes.

Regards,  Eric