Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

Re: [802-LMSC] Working Group Chair Ask - re: innovation committee



Harry,

At the “IEEE Innovation Committee” site <https://www.ieee.org/about/corporate/initiatives>, I suggest you follow the link at the top labeled SUBMIT YOUR IDEA, or the one labeled "Please submit ideas to the Innovation Committee.” Alternatively, use “The IEEE Ideas Portal" <https://ideas-portal.ieee.org/>.  I’m not sure why they provide a "Can’t access the portal? Request access.” link.

You can also take a look at the slides I presented today <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-lmsc/documents?is_dcn=238&is_year=2026>.

Cheers,

Roger
On Oct 5, 2026 at 8:01 PM -0600, Harry Bims <harrybims@xxxxxxxx>, wrote:
The https://ideas-portal.ieee.org/sso/saml2/acs/qmarkets_sp_68fdee4d50fd0 website produces the following error page.

I got to that page from https://www.ieee.org/about/corporate/initiatives which has a link near the bottom that says

"Please submit ideas to the Innovation Committee. “

I then clicked the link below it that said

"Can’t access the portal? Request access. "

From there I filled out a form, and when it was submitted I received the confirmation email I sent to you.


Just now, I used the link in the PPT that you sent.  It is a link to a Google docs.





On Sep 17, 2026, at 7:36 AM, Roger Marks <r.b.marks@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

This slide is posted at https://mentor.ieee.org/802-lmsc/documents?is_dcn=238&is_year=2026. It’s a PPTX; the Notes field includes some talking points to explain the slide. 

Please find time to present this to your WG this week.

We did submit a request for a November tutorial slot.

Cheers,

Roger
On Sep 17, 2026 at 11:40 AM +0100, Elizabeth Kochuparambil <bethk@xxxxxxxx>, wrote:
Hello and good morning across the world!

Working Group Chairs:

Roger gathered a few of us under his Action Item to discuss the IEEE Innovation Committee funding here at the 802.3/802.1 interim meeting.  We decided that we'd like to inform 802 participants about the funds and gather any of their thoughts/ideas on how we could use them.

So just a heads up:  If you're willing, we're finalizing a slide for you to present in your Working Group meeting today or tomorrow.

We'll send it as soon as it's ready. We are developing a potential Tutorial/workshop for the November plenary (this concept is still pending).

~Beth

To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-LMSC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-LMSC&A=1


To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-LMSC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-LMSC&A=1



To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-LMSC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-LMSC&A=1