Re: [802.21] Meeting minutes of today's ad-hoc teleconference

Hi Eunah,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:07:40AM +0900, Eunah Kim wrote:
> Hi Yoshihiro,
>
> Thanks for your taking minutes.
> I'd like to correct a part of the minutes which is about
> what I said in the telecon last night.
>
> As for Ia interface,
> I meant that "it would be (n:n), not end-to-end
> as multiple UEs also can communicates with one NISP.

Thanks for the correction.

> But, if Ia is an interface between one UE and the network like Subir said,
> (1:n) will be fine.

Yes, I think so.

> By the way,
> when will it be the case of (1:n)?

An UE attached with only one NISP can communicate with multiple IS
Functions within the NISP, if the information databases are
distributed in the NISP.  An example is that XML/RDF databases can be
distributed similar to DNS.

> My understanding is that one UE can communicate with only one NISP at a moment.
> The reason for having (1:n) would be the case that the UE moves so needs to connect
> with a different NISP from the previous one. Am I right?

Yes, the multi-NISP case is one obvious reason.  There can be other
reason as I described above.  BTW, I think the current reference model
does not seem to preclude the case in which one UE communicates with
multiple NISPs at a moment, as the model just defines interfaces.  We
can discuss this level of details in the process of identifying actual
requirements.

Hope this helps,

Yoshihiro Ohba