Re: [802.21] [Mipshop] Re: Architectural Considerations for Handover InformationServices (was: Re: CARD Discussion Query Discussion)

On 10/18/2005 6:11 PM, Qiaobing Xie wrote:
> Yoshihiro Ohba wrote:
>
>>- In reality, 3GPP2 has XML-based method (e.g., XCAP) in its
>>dependency list.
>

> If I remember it right XCAP/XML is used there for maintaining the
> address book/buddy list that sort of things. I can imagine that sort of
> events only happen at most no more than a few times a day for any given
> user and probably only happen when the user is NOT in a call. In
> contrast, IS query/response likely will be part of the h/o call flow...

You are assuming IS is a dynamic information that can influence Handover per the
IS query response. Many .21 members do not agree with this position. IS should
be treated as static information that is provided to the HO decision entity in
advance.