Re: [802SEC] Chair re-election - 802.15 results

A similar motion regarding my status for re-election passed in 802.15 by
65/1/1 on Monday afternoon.  The one no voter had issues with the P&P not
me personally.

Bob H.

At 08:47 AM 11/14/2007 -0500, Roger B. Marks wrote:
>FYI: Here is the result of a motion at the 802.16 Working Group
>Opening Plenary on Monday afternoon:
>
>Motion: "Per the third paragraph of section 7.2.2 of the IEEE 802
>Policies and Procedures, to authorize and allow Roger Marks to run
>for re-election as Chair of the IEEE 802.16 Working Group in the
>election of March 2008."
>Motion by: Phil Barber
>Second by: Carl Eklund
>
>Passed by 171/0/1
>

>On Nov 11, 2007, at 03:31 PM, Geoff Thompson wrote:
>
>>Bob-
>>
>>Good point.
>>We should stipulate that it has to be a vote by count.
>>
>>For my case, (without regard to whether or not I can vote in the
>>EC) I would not support the continuation of a chair who brought in
>>a vote by acclamation in alleged satisfaction of this criteria.
>>
>>Geoff
>>
>>At 05:20 AM 11/11/2007 , Bob Heile wrote:
>>>Just out of curiosity, where does a vote by acclimation (or would
>>>it be unanimous consent in this case) fit into the scheme of things?

>This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This
>list is maintained by Listserv.

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org