Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBF] Discussion for 20/1288 (TCIR) and the motion

Hi Rui Du,

Thank you for reaching out for comments. I apologize for missing your comment collection before.

Regarding the motion (#49) you proposed, I have a few concerns:

  1. It is not clear to me why the frequency domain CSI is not sufficient for sensing? If the concern is about feedback overhead, it would be better to consider additional reduction based on the existing compressed CSI feedback.  To generate the time domain CSI, the sensing receiver may need additional processing power, which would not be desirable.
  2. The first sub-bullet of the motion text  (“Calculating the CIR (time domain) from frequency domain CSI through IDFT(usually, IFFT)” ) appears an implementation. Is your intention to mandate this operation at sensing receivers?
  3. In the second sub-bullet of the motion, you have “complex samples corresponding to the range of interest of the entire CIR”. I am not sure how the “entire CIR” is defined and if it can be defined consistently among different sensing receivers. In addition, from your early contributions, it clears to me that this set of complex numbers (i.e., PDP?) may vary a lot depending on the algorithm at the sensing receiver (e.g., grouping size and timing relationship among those numbers). So, the question is how you can guarantee the consistency of the measurements from different sensing receivers.

In general, I believe we should not ask sensing receivers, which need to feedback sensing measurement results, to process CSI for a measurement that we cannot ensure the consistency of its meaning and reference value over time and among different sensing devices.

Best regards,

Ray