Re: [802.3_B400G_OPTX] Clarification Request: Optical Specs in Xiang Liu contribution

Dear Eric,

Yes, your understanding is correct: “the original version of slide 12 is plotting CD+FWM penalty, but the text and X axis referring to  FWM only were incorrect”, which is a key reason we updated that figure.

Also, we are in good agreement that “it's worth more study” regarding the extinction ratio (ER). The ER we typically used in simulations is 6dB, as stated in some of the slides in our earlier contribution “liu_3df_01b_2207”. At ER=6dB, an AOP (average optical power) of +5dBm corresponds to an OMA of +5.8dBm (which is relatively high). Going forward, we can adjust the ER and OMA values based on their ranges that are to be specified in the margin allocation table.

Hope the above is helpful.

Best regards,

Xiang