Re: [802.21] Meeting minutes of today's ad-hoc teleconference

Hi Eunah,

I think your point is valid.  Please see my comment below.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 07:16:47PM +0900, Eunah Kim wrote:
> Hi Yoshihiro,
>
> Thanks for your clarification.
>
> >> By the way,
> >> when will it be the case of (1:n)?
> >
> > An UE attached with only one NISP can communicate with multiple IS
> > Functions within the NISP, if the information databases are
> > distributed in the NISP.  An example is that XML/RDF databases can be
> > distributed similar to DNS.
> >
> It seems like rather implementation issue
> We are considering the interface between IS functions in the UE and in the network
> and I think the term NISP is adopted to be used as the peer concept of the UE.
> Thus, if we assume that there is one IS function in the NISP,
> it will be a lot simpler and easier to understand.

I understand your point, and I agree with you that we can assume only one
IS function per NISP under the concept of UE-NISP peering.

> BTW, does indicating the relationship(1:n) have an effect on making requirements?
> If not, why don't we leave it out from the reference model and all Use-Cases.

I agree that we can remove all (1:n) tags from the entire slides,
given that explicit text stating "an IS Function and an Information
Database may be implemented in a distributed manner" is added
somewhere in the document for clarification.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba